teaching as an art week
grade level preparation
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
in north american schools
POSTPONED until summer 2021
grade level preparation
Grade level specific preparation allows you to feel confident imparting developmentally appropriate curriculum to your students.
All instructors are experienced in their subjects and within the classroom.
Each year colleagues gather from around the country for these teacher renewal courses. Create and build lasting connections.
grade level preparation and renewal courses
Class Teachers will experience the following elements of preparation for their Grade Level:
- Year Overview–curriculum content and main lesson placement
- Preparation of the Annual Block Plan–bring your school’s calendar for 2020-2021
- Lesson Planning for the 4-fold lesson
- Integrating Diverse Children’s Literature and Storytelling to meet the children in your class
- Forming your class and introductory activities to start the year
- Child Development for this age children & how to meet them in the appropriate way
- Classroom Management
- Age appropriate movement, games & circle activities that keep students engaged and challenged
- Speechwork & poetry, verses for your grade level
- Science at your grade level
- Singing & instruments appropriate for the grade level– and enrichment activities to engage your students in learning)
- Skills (math & literacy) expectations for your grade level–Introduction of the Gradalis Curriculum Frameworks.
- Drawing & watercolor painting at your grade level
- Suggested Field Trips to enhance learning and build the community in your classroom
- The Class Play–ideas and grade level appropriate approaches
- Games & Movement for children at your grade level
- The soul mood required by the teacher as “loving authority” in the classroom appropriate for this grade level
- What lies behind the curriculum at this grade level–why do we teach what we teach this year
- Introduction to each Main Lesson Block of the year with Content (Instructors model lessons, story-telling, poems, music)
Teaching as an Art begins Sunday evening, July 12th, 2020 at 4PM until 7PM, with Welcome and Registration, and the Diversity and Inclusion Panel. Continuing Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5:30PM, with the exception of Friday closing at 2:00PM allowing teachers ample time to return home.