TUITION FOR TEACHER TRAINING
Tuition for the Teacher Training is $15,400 for the 26 month program. Monthly or Semesterly payments options are possible.
Tuition Discounts exist for teachers with prior Waldorf training who have completed the Foundation Year with another credible Waldorf institution. Documentation of coursework & transcripts will be required to receive these discounts.
Tuition Discounts also exist for schools with 3 or more teachers enrolled in the Gradalis Teacher Training.
Total Tuition Discounts can be as much as $3,400 per teacher if the above situations apply. (See School Discount Incentive below)
CREDIT TRANSFER & TUITION DISCOUNT POLICY
Tuition discounts are available for all students who qualify for them. Potential discounts are given in the following instances:
- School Discount for 3 or more students is $2,400 per student
- Discount for prior Waldorf Training from an institution approved by the GRADALIS Board of Stewards–up to $3,400 based on the amount of training completed.
Discounts provided are deemed fair and equitable. Full tuition discounts set forth in this description are not to exceed a total of $3,400 (Three Thousand Four Hundred Dollars) in the aggregate. A cumulative discount taken from the options above shall be no more than a maximum of $3,400 possible for any one student.
- Prior Waldorf Training – Foundation Year and/or partial Waldorf Training
Discounts are possible for prior completion of the “Foundation Year” (i.e., philosophical foundation of Waldorf education) and/or for partial Waldorf training at other recognized Waldorf institutions. Such qualifying Waldorf institutions are determined by the GRADALIS Board of Stewards. The discount ascribed to this category is up to $3,400 (Three Thousand Four Hundred Dollars).
- Applicants for discounts for prior Waldorf Training shall provide transcripts of courses, and number of hours per class, from an approved Waldorf training institution and, proof the coursework was completed. Once submitted to the GRADALIS Executive Director, the full or partial discount established by the GRADALIS Board of Stewards will be determined and applied to the student’s account. To receive the discount, the student must sign a Memorandum of Understanding acknowledging the discount applies for students who complete the full training. See the bullet below entitled Withdrawal from Training.
NOTE: Students arriving with prior training are still required to attend all classes and meet all expectations of the GRADALIS teacher training program.
NOTE: At GRADALIS, the anthroposophical foundation year is spiraled throughout the entire 26-month program, as opposed to the front-end approach often practiced at other Waldorf institutions. The intention is to allow students to learn the foundations while receiving the pedagogical support for their grade level and other essential coursework throughout the training.
- School Discount Incentive
For participating Waldorf Schools – either Public Waldorf Schools or Independent Waldorf Schools – there is a discount incentive available when three (3) or more students are enrolled in the GRADALIS teacher training. The School incentive discount applies to either full or partial (defined as 50%) tuition payments being provided by the Waldorf School itself. In such a case, a discount up to $2,400 (Two Thousand Four Hundred Dollars) or 15.6%, is awarded as a tuition discount per each enrolled student.
In cases where a school has sufficient enrollment (25-30) students, the attendant agreement with the Waldorf School is for the payment plan to include a 25% upfront payment made by the school at the time of the agreement’s signing with subsequent payments divided into eight (8) equal quarterly installments.
- Withdrawal from Training
Cancellation and Refund Policies apply, such that, should a student who receives a discount for either proof of prior training and/or as part of a school discount, if that student withdraws from the program for any reason, this will make the discount awarded null and void. As such, the total tuition charge will come into effect comparable to all other “non-discount” students’ tuition at the time of enrollment in the GRADALIS Teacher Training
MATERIALS & BOOK FEES
Materials Fees differ for Early Childhood, Grades 1 & 2, and Grades 3-8. Tuition Agreements will be sent to teachers who submit an application for the training. Materials Fees will be included in these agreements, so students can plan to purchase or borrow the items required for each semester.
Books fees include basic books required for all 7 semesters and may be purchased on-line either new or used. Therefore, cost of these is estimated in the Materials fees quoted in the Tuition Agreements.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
GRADALIS WALDORF CONSULTING & SERVICES, LLC
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
(Adopted April 3, 2017)
GRADALIS’ Cancellation and Refund Policy complies with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and ACCET policies. This policy has been compared to Colorado State and ACCET policies and follows the policies most lenient to the student. Rationale: GRADALIS seeks to promote goodwill through the use of explicitly stated fair and equitable cancellation and refund practices pertaining to cancellations, withdrawals, and terminations. GRADALIS takes into consideration: 1. Legitimate reasons why an applicant or student may not be able to either start or complete the training; and, 2. Reasonable expenses incurred by the institution.
GRADALIS Tuition Agreements: Student will be required to sign a Tuition Agreement before being admitted to the program. GRADALIS may hold student accountable financially for each 12-month period of the 26-month training, as required by ACCET. All charges attributable to each 12-month period are stated in the Tuition Agreement.
Application Fee: An initial non-refundable application processing fee of $50 is due at the time of application. Upon application, the applicant will receive an invoice for $50 after which the application will be processed for acceptance.
Refunds for Cancellations:
- Rejection of Applicant: If GRADALIS rejects a student, a full refund of all monies paid will be made to the applicant, less a non-refundable application fee of $50.
- Program Cancellation: If GRADALIS cancels a program subsequent to a student’s enrollment, GRADALIS will refund all monies paid by the student.
- Cancellation Prior to the Start of Class or No Show: If an applicant accepted by GRADALIS cancels prior to the start of scheduled classes or never attends class (no-show), GRADALIS will refund all monies paid, less non-refundable application fee. (See this fee above)
- Cancellation After the Start of Class: For enrolled and attending students, refunds are calculated using the Last Day of Attendance (LDA) and paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the documented Date of Determination (DOD). The DOD is the date the student gives written or verbal notice of withdrawal to GRADALIS or the date GRADALIS terminates the student by applying GRADALIS’ attendance, conduct or Satisfactory Academic Progress policy. A refund will be given based on a pro-rata basis (see full policy below) less the non-refundable application processing fee of $50.
- Cooling off Period: a three-business-day cooling off period, shall be honored, commencing with the day an enrollment agreement with the applicant is signed or an initial deposit or payment toward tuition and fees is made, until midnight of the third business day following such date or from the date that the students first visited the institution on-line or in-person, whichever is later, during which time the contract may be rescinded and all monies paid refunded. Evidence of personal appearance at the institution or deposit of a written statement of withdrawal for delivery by mail or other means shall be deemed as meeting the terms of the cooling-off period.
All refunds are paid by GRADALIS within forty-five (45) calendar days. Refund amounts for enrolled and attending students are based on a student’s LDA and the number of weeks completed by the student. A partial day is considered the same as a whole day provided the student was present. After the first week and through fifty percent (50%) of the period of financial obligation, tuition charges retained will not exceed a pro rata portion of tuition for the training period completed, plus ten percent (10%) of the unearned tuition for the period of training that was not completed up to a maximum of $1,000. After fifty percent (50%) of the year’s training days are completed by the student, GRADALIS will retain the full tuition for this 12-month period of financial obligation.